While the Return to Ostagar paid add-on is still delayed for the time-being, Bioware has just announced the first full expansion for Dragon Age. In Dragon Age Awakenings you are tasked with rebuilding the Grey Wardens. Me, I’ll see if I can get them to have a little bit more respect for life, as I’m pretty sure murdering anyone who decides not to drink their foul poison or asks too many questions is not doing them any favours in the long-term.
It appears to be an all new campaign to play through, though you can import your character from Origins. It remains to be seen how big it actually is. According to Gamestop’s pre-order page, the expected release date is the middle of March.
For centuries, the Grey Wardens—the ancient order of guardians, sworn to unite and defend the lands—have been battling the darkspawn forces. Legend spoke that slaying the Archdemon would have put an end to the darkspawn threat for centuries to come, but somehow they remain.
You are the Grey Warden Commander and have been entrusted with the duty of rebuilding the order of Grey Wardens and uncovering the secrets of the darkspawn and how they managed to remain.
How you choose to rebuild your order, how you resolve the conflict with “The Architect”, and how you determine the fate of the darkspawn will be but some of the many complex choices that await and shape your journey as you venture to the new land of Amaranthine.
A Stunning World Expanded: BioWare’s deepest universe to date just got bigger with an all new area of the world to explore, Amaranthine
* Unlock the secrets of the Darkspawn and their true motivations
* Rebuild the Grey Warden order and establish their base of operations at Vigil’s Keep
All-new Complex Moral Choices: Embark on an epic story that is completely defined and reactive to your play style
* Shape your entire experience based on the choices you make and how your handle complex situations
New Ways to Customize your Hero: Experience additional spells, abilities, specializations, and items to further personalize and customize your hero and party
* Import your character from Dragon Age: Origins or start anew as a Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais
* Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins
Even more Bone-Crushing, Visceral Combat: Battle against a new range of horrific and terrifying creatures
* Put your skills to the test against an evolved, intelligent breed of Darkspawn and other menacing creatures including the Inferno Golem and Spectral Dragon!